Frequently Asked Questions?
1. What is the average length of a tenancy?
A: The average length of tenancy is normally 6 months.
2. What type of Insurance do I need to take out on my investment property?
A: We advise all of our landlords to take out both building Insurance and Landlord Insurance.
3. What are the names of Companies you suggest for Landlord Insurance?
A: • Terri Scheer 1800 804 016
• AON 1800 105 900
• EBM 1800 661 662
4. What keys must be supplied to the tenant?
A: A copy of all keys for the property must be supplied to each tenant on the Tenancy Lease Agreement.
5. Who is legally responsible for the repairs / maintenance of tap washers, smoke alarms and light globes?
A: The above items under the NSW laws are the responsibility of the landlord.
6. Who is responsible for the maintenance of the lawns and gardens at a rental property?
A: Unless otherwise agreed to and stated in the ‘Special Terms and Conditions’ of the lease, the tenant is responsible for the maintenance of the lawns and gardens.
7. What part of the water usage is the tenant liable to pay?
A: As long as there is a individual water meter for the property and the property is fitted with *water efficent devices, the tenant is liable to pay all of the water usage charges. But, if there is no separate meter, unfortunately the tenant can not be charged.
Put your property into good hands! Call our Robert Henry Statewide Realty, St Marys today on 9673 2199 or email email@example.com